Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Year, New City, New Life, New Blog

From this...

...to this


I am finally ready to commit...to a blog. In the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, I have outlined a few goals and thoughts about this page:

Background
Born in Massachusetts, raised in Connecticut, and educated in upstate New York...see a geographic trend?
Moved to Cincinnati from Boston in September 2009.

Fun Fact
My mom's family is originally from Cincinnati; in fact, both grandparents were born and raised in Southwestern Ohio. Despite this, I have no immediate family in the area.

The Goals
1. Research and share my local family history

2. Illustrate, OBJECTIVELY, the subtle and not so subtle differences between the Northeast and the Midwest

3. Offer my reflections on a New Year, New City, and New Life

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to Blogland! I live in Central Illinois, but grew up in Pennsylvania. I have driven through Southwestern Ohio, along the Ohio...my goodness it is pretty there! Most often, though we go through Dayton and Columbus to visit family in PA: not so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Next time you drive through Dayton, stop at the Pine Club - an AMAZING steakhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manifest destiny! The only thing I know about Cinncy is...well..."Child Please!?"

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, anonymous or not!